Whenever I saw a fellow blogger being nominated for Versatile Blogger Award, I always thought “When will be my turn. Do people even read what I write.” But then this quote by Abraham Lincoln kept me going.
“ Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy.”
And thank you Samantha Hussey for finding me worthy and nominating me for “The Versatile Blogger” award . I think I need someone to pinch me to make sure I am not dreaming. Nothing feels more satisfying and encouraging than getting awarded for the hard-work. Right!! For those of you who do not know what “Versatile Blogger Award” is, this award is given to the blogs that have unique content and beautiful photos. While I am definitely honored to be nominated for the award, I will share it with my husband as he is the man behind the lens. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me… I love being with him even though we drive each other crazy… The rules are :
1) Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.(Of-course courtesy calls)
Thank You Samantha. If you guys are looking for travel tricks and tips , bookmark The Wandering Wanderluster , a great travel guide(website) by Samantha Hussey.
2) Share 7 random facts about yourself.
You might find me a freak after reading this but here it goes:
- I have a constant jukebox playing in my head, and by constant I mean non-stop. I will have song for any person and for any situation. Appropriate or inappropriate… its in my head, so no one will ever know.
- Since childhood days, I wanted to be a Bollywood actress ( for american readers – Bollywood is Indian version of Hollywood.) While I have made it into IT industry and my everyday goes in technology I will leave this all in a heartbeat for a career in Bollywood.
- I can’t fall asleep without watching TV at night.
- I am born people pleaser and I have learned it hard way that no matter how hard you try, there will always be someone who disagrees with you, and there is nothing you can do about it. It also took me a long time to learn that I would rather say what I am thinking, have an opinion and risk disagreement than white-coat my voice.
- I hate staying in hotels… and after the end of every big vacation I always need my home.
- People collect stamps, postcards, different currency etc but I love shower caps. Yes you read it right “Shower Caps”. I have shower cap from every hotel of every place I have ever been to, even though I never use them.
- I love to shop. Handbags, shoes, watches, clothes.. I want them all.. Yess that is one girlie girl attribute I have.
3) Nominate bloggers whom you find unique and follow regularly for Versatile Blogger Award.
- Jasmine from NomadGirl : I simply adore her blog. From destination info to how to find work abroad, she covers it all.
- Mark & Kate from Vagrants of the World : These guys have been to Antartica… why shouldn’t I idolize them?
- William Tang from Going Awesome Places : Well, I term his blog as complete help guide for newbies like me. His latest post ” Creating Your Media Kit” is a must see. I follow him religiously.
- Chris and Heather from A Brit & A Southner : There is so much to relate to when it comes to this blog. Cannot thank them enough for Part-time travel group on Facebook where I have met awesome fellow travel bloggers.
- Diane from Wife with Baggage : There tag line says it all ” Fitting travel into your life – Even with a 9 to 5″